I came across these on this post, via Svbtle. I think they’re awesome.
- Schedule a start, not an end to your meeting – it’s over when it’s over, even if that’s just 5 minutes.
- Be on time!
- No multi-tasking – no device usage unless necessary for the meeting.
- If you’re not getting anything out of the meeting, leave.
- Meetings are not for information sharing – that should be done before the meeting via email and/or agenda.
- Who really needs to be at this meeting?
- Agree to action items, if any, at the conclusion of the meeting.
- Don’t feel bad about calling people out on any of the above – it’s the right thing to do.
photographer | developer | writer